Our purpose is to be the hands and feet of Jesus to babies and young children, regardless of their medical challenges, as we believe that every child deserves love and a stable family life. We aim to provide end-of-life care with the devotion and expert medical care that these babies require in a friendly and comforting environment. We are also committed to empowering widows in our local community, who play a big role in caring for our babies.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress.
To provide quality palliative care, at no cost, to vulnerable infants and young children in South Africa.
To advance paediatric palliative care within South Africa and give a voice to vulnerable infants and young children needing palliative placements.
- To provide quality palliative care to orphaned and abandoned young children within a loving, homely environment.
- To advocate for the rights of all children in need of adequate palliative care services and pain management within South Africa.
- To provide support to families and carers looking after young children with complex medical conditions.
- To advocate for the right of children with complex medical conditions to be adopted or placed in loving alternative homes instead of institutionalised care and prolonged hospitalisation.
- To educate members of the public about children's palliative care and the rights of children to be afforded loving care and dignity in death.
The Bells have fostered more than seven babies and continue to take in young children who need palliative care. They dream of a South Africa where babies are not simply discarded because of a palliative diagnosis, but are welcomed by loving families who will tenderly care and provide for them until the end.